Screen in advance for COVID-19 symptoms/ risk factors, prior to appointment, and ensure appropriate PPE is allocated for all staff each visit.
Daily assessment of COVID-19 symtpoms and mandate for 14 day quarantine as needed
Hand sanitizer provided upon entry. Frequent cleaning and disinfection of Waiting Room, Washroom, and high touch surfaces
What we are doing to protect patients, staff and the community:
In accordance with Alberta Health Services and the Alberta Dental Association and College COVID-19 guidelines, we have implemented enhanced screening and protocols for staff and patients. Please be aware of the following changes we have made to protect you and the safety of everyone around you:
- Physical distancing protocols adhered to, with some exceptions
- Tempered glass barrier at reception desk / point of sale
- Phone screening with detailed medical history questionnaire
- Specific appointment times and protective measures for vulnerable / high risk individuals
- Daily staff reporting of COVID-19 symptoms
- One Patient Policy – you will be the only patient in the office during your scheduled appointment time (no double booking).
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of all public spaces and high touch surfaces, and after each patient
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing
- No contact temperature taking and recording for all patients and staff
- Staff are required to wear Isolation gowns, fit tested N95 or KN95 mask, face shield, and gloves during Aerosol Generating Procedures (AGP)
- Staff are required to wear mask, face shield, and gloves during non-AGP
- Keeping staff who demonstrate or report COVID-19 symptoms out of the workplace
We have also taken an enhanced measure of fogging each AGP room with VitalOxide after each procedure. This infection control spraying process kills 99.999% bacteria and viruses like MRSA, H1N1, Enterovirus, Staph and Norovirus. VitalOxide is non-reactive and non-toxic.
What to expect when coming to our office.
- Please call from your vehicle upon arrival
- When entering the office, you will be asked to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer
- All paperwork will be filled out in your vehicle when possible.
- Each patient will be given a 1% hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse for 30 seconds
- All root canals will be performed using a rubber dam, no exceptions
- No visitors allowed, with the exception of parent / legal guardian, translator, or caregiver